When planning to translate your course from in-class to digital formats, a number of key planning documents will help make this transition. The Centre for Teaching and Learning Innovation have created a number of North Island College specific tools, checklists, templates and matrices to help you see the larger planning piece.
- NIC Digitally Translated Course Design Checklist: Word Version
- NIC Communication Plan Checklist: Word Version
- NIC Course Expectations Template: Word Version
- NIC Keep it Simple Checklist for Instructors: Word Version
- NIC Welcome Information – Instructor Checklist: Word Version
Scan and Plan Challenge | Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Bootcamp by BCcampus
- This is a great starter activity to look at course design/re-design. It was created for a BCcampus Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Bootcamp session but is open and can be adapted or used as is. The challenge invites you to look over your course and see what’s working, what isn’t, and how the assessments fit. Meant to be done in a couple of hours (with timing for each part) this is a great quick resource for looking at the components of your course and how they work together (or don’t). Includes accessibility and tech considerations. Focused around the Covid pivot but could work outside of that context too.