Building Course Content: From Copying, Course Builder and Manage Files to HTML Templates, Images, Videos, and PDFs
Content means many things to instructors. This page outlines the various aspects of “content” and how to add, build, edit and access content in your Brightspace courses from copying in existing courses, uploading new content and editing content to managing your files and using Course Builder. Scroll through the choices and click on the link to move down the page where a video or links to another page give you access to resources.
- Bring in Content from a Blackboard Learn Course
- Clean up Blackboard Learn Course Content After Brought into Brightspace
- Bring in Content from Another Brightspace Course
- Using HTML Templates
- Organizing Content First in Manage Files
- Building a Course All in Course Builder
- Inserting Images into HTML Pages
- Kaltura Capture Recording Tool: Locating and Making a Video
- How to Embed a Video into a HTML Page
- Linking or Embedding Google Documents
- Using PDFs in Content Area
- How to Create a Checklist
- IT Assisted – Blackboard Learn Courses: Getting Content into Brightspace via Converted Courses
- Instructor-Led – Blackboard Learn Courses: Getting Content into Brightspace via Importing
2. Clean Up Blackboard Learn Course Content after Brought into Brightspace
- Tips for Instructors to Clean Up Blackboard Learn – Link: Instructions for all of the following
- Clean Up Files and Content
- Clean up Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions and Grades
- Clean up HTML Pages
3. Bring in Content from another Brightspace Course
- Copying Content from one Brightspace Course to Another Brightspace Course
- Link: Instructions
- Tip: Start IN the course that you want to build in (opposite of Blackboard Learn)
4. Using HTML Templates (Pages)
This video shares how to use HTML templates to enhance content.
Course Design Elements that Enhance Learning
This video shares how HTML templates and other course design elements can be built to enhance the learning experience.
5. Organizing Content First in Manage Files
- Manage Files: Uploading a Zipped File of a Whole Course and Tour of Tools and Features in Manage Files
6. Building a Course all in Course Builder
This video goes over all the aspects of how to use Course Builder to build your courses. You will find course builder via the blue navigation bar > Course Tools > Course Admin > Course Builder
7. inserting Images into html pages
This video shows you how to insert images into your html pages.
8. Kaltura Capture Recording Tool: Locating and Making a Video
This video shows you how to use the Kaltura Capture Recording Tool to locate and make a video and then insert into Brightspae.
9. How to Embed a Video in a HTML Page in Brightspace
10. Linking or Embedding Google Documents
This video shares the step by step instructions about how to embed a Google Doc into your content area. The steps are found in this Google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTrIQF_vsjyjg4IFKyWd3AQkmduiMLReRX6yXO_Swgk/edit?usp=sharing
This video shares a bit more about why and how to link to and also embed Google documents into Brightspace – pros and cons, uses of etc.
11. Use PDFs in Content Area
This video shares why using PDFs is preferable for the content area.
12. create a Checklist
How can you use checklists to support learners in your course?
- Create a checklist for each module listing what should be completed
- Create a checklist for all of the course deliverables
- Use a checklist for sequenced activities like labs
- Use a checklist to break down the elements of a large assignment or project
- How to use a checklist to break an assignment into manageable tasks: