The session(s) on this page are geared for new hires, new instructors and faculty members to North Island College.
- Most sessions are held via web conferencing through BlueJeans (unless otherwise noted).
- Registration is through CTLI@nic.bc.ca.
- Registrations accepted at any time up to 30 hours prior to the session.
- Registrations will be confirmed via the sending of an Outlook invite with the BlueJeans connection information/URL and passcode.
- Sessions with no registrations will be cancelled.
New Faculty Orientation to Teaching
This session introduces new and nearly new faculty to the teaching and learning environment at North Island College. The purpose is to enhance your understanding of the organization and the students we serve. Participants will meet colleagues from across the disciplines, learn more about NIC’s culture, and review the essential groups, policies and resources that are integral to your professional practice as a new(er) faculty member. You’re encouraged to bring ideas and questions for discussion.
- Audience: New and nearly new faculty in the past year or so
- Facilitator: Jen Wrye with Neil Martin and Liesel Knaack
- Dates: Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 (12 – 4 pm)
- Format: Virtual via BlueJeans and In-Person via Comox Valley Campus, Village Annex 2