Blackboard Learn is NIC’s learning management system (LMS) or sometimes called a virtual learning environment (VLE). Essentially a LMS is a web-accessed platform where you find a collection of web pages hosting course content, assessments, grades, communication tools and other course related activities.
ACCESSING Blackboard Learn
Access to Blackboard Learn requires a North Island College username/ID and password. Students and employees can gain access through one of two doorways
- through the Blackboard button located in the top right corner of NIC’s website
- directly through the link: https://learn.nic.bc.ca/.
If staff or employees are unable to log in or can’t find any Blackboard Courses to access, this is often because you haven’t been in Blackboard Learn before (please submit a helpdesk ticket for assistance). All students and instructors will have access to Blackboard Learn if they have been registered/added to the student registration system or have been connected to a course for instructional purposes.
Collections of Blackboard Learn: Instructor Resources
- NIC Guided Tour: Key Takeways: NIC PDF
- Introduction to Blackboard Learn: Blackboard Video
- Blackboard Help For Instructors: Blackboard Web Page
- Blackboard Learn Videos for Instructors (Playlists): Blackboard Web Page
- Interacting with Students: Blackboard Web Page
10 ESSENTIAL (Do-IT-YOURSELF) INSTRUCTOR Actions
All of these actions are able to be done by the instructor and no longer require a helpdesk ticket or someone in IT to do the action. See first flyout menu: Instructor DIY Items for more details.