The Centre for Teaching and Learning Innovation (CTLI) at North Island College does not have any staff available for teaching, learning and technology support from Monday July 11 to Friday, August 19th.
Supports and services will resume Monday, August 22nd with Brightspace, Kaltura and BlueJeans sessions starting on August 25 and a New Faculty Orientation to Teaching from 12-4pm on Tuesday, August 30th. Register for all sessions at CTLI@nic.bc.ca We will also have Brightspace drop-in times from 1-4 pm each day from Tuesday, August 23 onwards until mid-September. We will be here to support you in your last minute needs and help new hires get ready too!
- Brightspace Sessions
- BlueJeans Sessions
- Kaltura Sessions
- New Faculty Orientation to Teaching
- Intercultural Sessions
The North Island College Service Desk (for all supports from IT to Facilities to Student Records) is open this summer Monday to Friday (except stat holidays) at https://servicedesk.nic.bc.ca/ for Brightspace, Blackboard, Kaltura and BlueJeans basic supports like:
- access to these platforms
- troubleshooting login and password issues
- getting access to a course or courses in Brightspace or Blackboard Learn
- getting an account on BlueJeans to do web conferencing
- assistance with videos on Kaltura etc.
Choose > Service Catalog > Teaching, Learning and Classroom Support > Digital Learning Environments (For Blackboard or Brightspace)
Choose > Service Catalog > Teaching, Learning and Classroom Support > Learning Technology Platforms (for Kaltura, BlueJeans)
For other needs related to Brightspace, Kaltura, BlueJeans, course design, teaching and learning please access this Teach Anywhere site for self-serve support
** RESOURCES FOR INSTRUCTORS: Brightspace and Course Support**
- Teach Anywhere Website: Brightspace Instructor Resources – One-stop for all your Brightspace needs – note the fly out menus with more videos and support info on Quizzes, Assignments, Content, Communications and Grading (more resources will be added in the Fall)
- Brightspace Term Start Course Checklist – handy checklist of items to ensure your course is ready for student learning!
- Brightspace Course Readiness Items – items to do when you are done building your Brightspace course
- Brightspace Course Home Page Widgets – how to use the course home page widgets to communicate with your students
- Time Saving Tips and Tools in Brightspace – time saving features and functions of Brightspace you may not know about
- NIC Student Supports Module – don’t forget to upload this important Student Supports Module to each course!
- ALL Brightspace Videos – a collection of all NIC-created videos related to learning Brightspace in one spot (sort page by video tile, video + details or just the titles) – and also found throughout Teach Anywhere site
- Kaltura Resources – see fly out menus under Learning Technologies for all sorts of terrific videos and help on using Kaltura
Have a lovely summer.