To: NIC Instructors
The Teach Anywhere website is here to support you this year. Updated content and new resources have been recently added!
Let me share some of the top pages you might find helpful:
- Blackboard Learn: Instructor DIY– Ten most requested helpdesk ticket topics you can do on your own!
- This page has 10 actions you can do on your own without needing to email IT helpdesk. From copying course content to adding users to editing what your listing of courses looks like – check out this page of handouts and videos to help you with essential Blackboard Learn actions.
- NIC Delivery Formats Explained – New to a teaching delivery format and want to know NIC’s definition?
- Charts explaining the four delivery formats (face-to-face, blended, digital asynchronous and digital synchronous).
- Two matrices comparing teaching and learning ideas for three of the formats.
- Assessment: Focused, Simple, Aligned Ideas – Looking to have simpler assessment ideas for your course?
- This page has 20 fair, clear and simple ideas for assessing student learning.
- Guidelines for Recording BlueJeans Classes – Do not record your BlueJeans classes without consulting this page!
- If you are recording your BlueJeans classes (or aren’t) – read this page to learn what your duties are to accommodate learners and how to respectfully consider recordings for enhanced learning. Also find a template of what to share in your course outline. Do not ‘record’ your BlueJeans classes without consulting this page!
- Learning Technologies: A Suite of Web Tools and Platforms –Wanting to venture beyond Blackboard Learn?
- If you wish to venture beyond Blackboard Learn and try out some other web tools, this ‘circle’ diagram shares some top suggestions.
- NIC Technology Access Logins Summary – Looking for a ‘cheat sheet’ of all the login formats in one spot?
- A PDF handout for new faculty or reminders for all key technology platforms and how to log in!
- Privacy of Student Information – do you have a consent process?
- If you are using a web tool, textbook publisher content / learning platform, survey tools or other platforms they are likely not hosted on Canadian servers – see this page for consent forms and a flowchart to learn more.
- Video Recording and Screencasting Tips – Want to try out some video recording this year?
- BlueJeans Closed Captioning and Transcripts – Did you know this feature is on our BlueJeans account to help all students?
- Remind students about closed captioning (they have to turn it on themselves) and if you record a class – don’t forget about the transcripts (under Smart Meeting Highlights App) and also found in recordings.
BONUS! Via a complementary website called, NIC Curriculum Development Resources (but soon to be merged within Teach Anywhere), is a collection of helpful suggestions for writing learning outcomes.